Autumn is coming, and everyone knows it. It’s a fact, and it makes some people, like me, very happy. It also makes some people kind of sad. I want to make everyone’s autumn a little better, even if you already like autumn (yay! :)). It’s the time for watching movies all day, baking cake, drinking hot chocolate, wearing sweaters. If you don’t know which movie you should watch, this is the post for you, cause I am going to share my favorite movies and TV shows with you :)
- The fault in our stars, I don’t think I need to tell you what it’s about, haha :)
- Clueless, a romantic movie about popular girls and a makeover. Do I need to say more? :)
- Notting Hill, the ultimate romantic movie about a love between a famous actress and a random guy from Notting Hill.
- Divergent, just like ‘the fault in our stars’ I don’t think I need to tell you what it’s about :)
- High School Musical, perfect for a girls night :)
Favorite TV shows:
- Gossip Girl, oh my god, I LOVE that show! It’s about rich teenagers in New York, and way more interesting than it sounds :)
- New Girl, it’s just really funny :)
- Modern Family, also really funny, AND very ‘real’, if you know what I mean.. :)
I hope you’ll have fun watching these, and that you’ll have a wonderful autumn :)
heeey :) Today I just wanted to talk about a few things I’ve been loving recently :) Let’s start with the Daisy Dream bodylotion, by Marc Jacobs. *OMG I HAVE THE DAISY DREAM BODYLOTION*. So, about that. Seriously, it smells like heaven. I just really love this body lotion, even though I’m not the body lotion kind of person. If you know what I mean.
Then, the British ELLE collections magazine. This is like a special edition of ELLE, and I really like it. There are cute stickers in the magazine and the lay-out is super-duper cool, I think ;)
Let’s go on to the next one: Starbucks. Of course, I already liked Starbucks, but the past few weeks, I love it even more. Sometimes, I go with my best friend to Starbucks and we call ourselves Serena and Blair, this is really fun :) (only fans of Gossip Girl will get this..— oh, I am Blair by the way ;))
Also, I got the notebook One Line A Day for my birthday. You’re supposed to write one line, every day, five years long. I think that’s a great idea, and it’s also a beautiful book, so I am really happy with it ^^
I love my eos. I bought two of them in New York *omg* and I just really love them. The round shape looks cool, and they smell great. This one is “pomegranate and raspberry”.
My Fujifilm Instax Mini 8. Whoa. You heard me? I FINALLY HAVE THIS CAMERA YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! This is another birthday present and it’s the best birthday present I ever got. I just wanted this camera for só long, and now I finally have it! I love to see the picture appearing when you take a photo. It just makes me so happy.
So, that was about it! I hope you liked this post!
Today I’ll be writing about how to make a tattoo choker — I like literally in love with choker necklaces, and they’re really easy to make soooo… :)
Let’s get started! :)
You only need:
- black elastic rope
Cut the rope (I think like a meter long) and fold it in half. Tape the upside to a table. You have like two ropes now, though they are actually one, but you know what I mean. Take the left rope and make a four by folding the rope over the other. Pull the string through the hole and tie it, but leave some space, so it’s not completely tied. Then you should fold the right one over the left and do de same thing. Repeat till you think it’s long enough.
That’s pretty much it! Now tie a knot at the end and pull it over your head, and you’re done!
Like, two days ago, @httpfietje and me cooked this delicious recipe, and today I’ll share it with you :)
It’s Italian, and called “parmigiana di zucchini”. I would describe it as an oven dish with zucchini, cheese, and tomato sauce.
- salt and pepper
- olive oil to bake
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 700 gr zucchini (cut over the length in 5 mm thick slices)
- 400 gr Taleggio cheese
- 100 gr Parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 cans of 400 gr peeled tomatoes
This is why you’re going to do:
1. Heat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Sauté the garlic 5 minutes in the olive oil. Add the tomatoes and basil. Also add salt and pepper to taste. Let the sauce simmer for 20-30 minutes.
3. Grill the zucchini slices. Divide them over the bottom of a baking dish. Pour the tomato sauce on top of it. Then divide the Taleggio cheese and the Parmesan cheese on top of the tomato sauce. Make another layer like this: zucchini - tomato sauce - cheese.
4. Bake the dish 30 minutes in the heated oven.
The recipe is based on the recipe from the book : ISBN 978 90 5956 514 2
Today I’m making a mini autumn bucket list, just for fun :). I hope you enjoy reading it and that, maybe, you’ll do something from this bucket list!
1. Using red colored fall leaves as a prop for photo shoots :)
2. Drinking hot chocolate with cinnamon, whipped cream AND marshmallows!
3. Go ice skating
4. Dancing in the rain
5. Getting all wet and then take a shower, put on pajamas and watch gossip girl with a cup of coffee or hot chocolate <3
This was my mini autumn bucket list! :)
I hope you enjoyed it, xo Luna
Today I have a diy for you :)
I found this one at the YouTube channel of Lauren: laurdiy. So actually you’re just going to draw the outline of where you want your “kisses” to be, put on a lipstick, and “kiss” the paper. Remove your lipstick and put on another one. Repeat the same process. If you’re done, you can remove the outline — there’s you’re artwork! ;)
lt’s a really simple and cool diy, and it’s super fun to do with friends :)
My birthday was last Wednesday, and I invited some friends and family over to celebrate. Of course, I needed pie :)
On Tuesday, me and my mom made two pies: a banoffee pie, and a cream cheese pie. Because I already posted a recipe for a banoffee pie, I decided to post a recipe for the cream cheese pie today.
Here’s what you need:
- 75 gr. butter
- 240 gr. Bastogne cookies
- 125 gr. white caster sugar
- 200 gr. cream cheese
- 8 gr. vanilla sugar
- 250 ml cream
- 430 gr. cherry pie filling
- 8 gr whipped cream stabilizer
This is what you need to do:
1. Melt the butter and crumble the Bastogne cookies. Mix them in a bowl. Then divide the mixture over the bottom of a cake/pie tin.
Let it cool down in the refrigerator, for at least 20 minutes.
2. Whip the cream cheese together with the white caster sugar airy.
Then whip the cream together with the vanilla sugar and the whipped cream stabilizer and mix it with the cream cheese mixture. Divide it equally over the bottom of the pie.
3. Divide the cherry pie filling over the pie. Let the pie stiffen for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
It’s too bad I didn’t take a picture of the mocktail (a cocktail without alcohol) I made a few days ago. I still want to share the recipe, though.
This is what you need, for two glasses:
• 18 mint leaves
• 4 tbsp sugar
• 4 ice cubes
• the juice of 2 lemons
• 2 tbsp lemonade syrup (I prefer the flavor “tropical” for this mocktail)
• 400 ml water
What you need to do:
Put 14 mint leaves, the sugar and the lemon juice in a blender and mix. Add water and lemonade syrup and mix for another minute.
Gift the drink into two glasses, add the ice cubes, the 4 mint leaves you didn’t blend and serve :)
I think this is a great summer drink, and I’d like you to try it :)
I don’t think I told you about my love for the Momiji dolls.
Momiji dolls are very, very cute dolls, small and pretty.
At the bottom of every doll is a little piece of paper, on which you can write a message, if you want to give it as a present to a friend, your sister, your mother, or whoever you want to give it to.
Every doll has got a name (there’s one with my name, Luna :)) and also a “description”. Like, they say the Luna doll likes Charles Dickens.
They’re just really cute, and I hope that one day, I will have one standing in front of my desk.
You can buy a Momiji doll at this webshop: www.lovemomiji.com. It’s also the source of the picture above.
Good news: there is a summer sale: up to 60 percent sale!
Just check it out :)
On my blog, I mostly write about a few “themes”: diy, books/movies/music, photography, and sometimes food or fashion. Not often though. I wanted to do these more often, starting now. That’s why I have an OOTD for you today (in the fashion category :)) I went shopping at one of my favorite shops, Brandy Melville, so that’s why most clothes I’m wearing in the OOTD are from Brandy Melville.
short (Brandy Melville), shirt (Brandy Melville), cardigan (mooia)
Luckily, the problem with my tumblr is fixed, so I’m able to post again! Yay! :) You must’ve noticed, cause I already posted two posts after the “break”.
So today I have a small DIY for you guys. I saw this idea on weheartit.com and it’s probably also on Pinterest. I tried it out and I liked it, so I decided to share it with you.
You need a notebook (or a piece of paper), a magazine, scissors and glue.
This is what you’re going to do;
1. First, you get your scissors and magazine and you cut some triangles out of the magazine. If you want it to be precise, you should take a certain length, and make every base of the triangle like three centimeters and every corner exactly the same. I guess if you’d do that it’d be prettier, but I’m impatient and I don’t really care if it’s messy, so I didn’t.
2. After that, you paste every triangle on the paper the way they fit in each other. Because I still had space left above the triangles, I wrote the quote: “Fall in love with your life” above them. You could do that if you want :)
That’s pretty much it, I guess. I hope you like this post, and let me know if you’re going to try!
Today’s post is about the last book I read: The Carrie Diaries. As you might know The Carrie Diaries is about Carrie Bradshaw, from Sex and the City, when she was younger.
So, I read it, and actually I’m really positive about the book. I enjoyed it and couldn’t stop reading.
So it’s about Carrie, and in SATC she has three best friends: Miranda, Charlotte and Samantha. She meets them in New York.
But, like I told you, in the Carrie Diaries, she’s younger. Only seventeen. She lives in Castlebury and has a group of best friends:
Maggie, Lali, the Mouse, Walt and later there’s also Peter.
So she knows none of her future best friends yet.
There’s a new student on Castlebury High, Sebastian Kydd. She falls in love with him, and he falls in love with her.
But then something awful happens to their relationship.
She also wants to be a writer since she was a kid. She applied for The New School, a summer writing program in New York. Unfortunately, she isn’t good enough to go, according to the New School.
Carrie tries everything she can to get into that writing program, hoping she can go next summer.
Does she get in? What happens to Sebastian and Carrie? When will she meet Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda?
Those are the most important questions you ask yourself while reading the book. Of course I can’t answer all of them — too much spoilers — but I can tell you the answer on the last question: she doesn’t, yet. She’ll meet them in Summer and the City, a sequel to the Carrie Diaries. I’m reading that one now, and it’s just as good as the Carrie Diaries. I didn’t read the whole book yet, so I don’t know if she’s going to meet Charlotte in this book (because she hasn’t already), but she did meet Samantha and Miranda already.
Like I told you; I really liked the book.
It’s not too dramatic, but it’s also not like Carrie has a perfect life and absolutely no troubles. It’s a good mix :)
I also find Candace Bushnell a good writer. I only read one and a half books of hers yet, but I think both of them are well written.
There’s also a television show made of the Carrie Diaries, with AnnaSophia Robb as Carrie.
I know I told you several times that I love gossip girl, and probably also that you should watch it. But I never really gave you some reasons to watch it. So today I’m going to give you some reasons :)
1. Because (most of) the characters live in New York
2. Because Serena and Blair are perfect BFF’s
3. Because I’m often laughing out loud during an episode ^^
4. Because Nate is so handsome :o
5. Because of Blair and Chuck — you’ll understand this when you’re somewhere in season 2 :)
6. Because you always want to watch the next episode when you watched one
7. Because of Lily and Rufus. In the first season you want Serena and Dan to be together, but you also want Lily (Serena’s mother) and Rufus (Dan’s father) to be together. This is very frustrating and interesting at the same time…
8. Because you forget about everything when you’re watching
xo Luna :)
The source of the picture is weheartit.com, as always :)
follow me on bloglovin.com!
Today I’m going to do a post about my wish list. My birthday is coming soon, actually, so I think this is a great time to post a wish list!
On top of my birthday wish list is the Fujifilm Instax Mini 8 (Pink). I want this camera so badly! I found the picture on weheartit.com :)
Also, I’d like to have the movie of the perks of being a wallflower. Two reasons:
1. I read the book and I like it
2. Emma Watson has an important role and I love Emma Watson :)
The third thing on my “birthday wish list” is a 24 pack of sharpies. I bought some ultra fine point sharpies, and I love using them! So I’d like to have some with just fine points instead of ultra fine, also.
On top of my “fashion” wish list is a maxi skirt, cause I think that’s really a must have this summer and probably also next summer!
On top of my “beauty” wish list is a black long lasting liquid eyeliner. Eyeliner is my favorite beauty product, but I don’t have one (the one I had is empty - I’m not sure if that’s the good way to say it in English, but you get the point, right?)